Monday, August 8, 2011

Clean Eating- Thai Style Pork with Papaya

I absolutely adore Clean Eating Magazine. We started this blog with the wide eyed dreams of a young girl moving to the big city and learned the big city was much harder to survive in than her cozy hometown. Same difference with this blog. Managing so many other blogs plus this one requires a lot of committment and I am a cheater. I am unfaithful. I have not been eating clean! LOL. Ha! However, I come back! Triumphant! Ok, sorta. My sister and I are still misbehaving but we still have intentions to do better so I made this meal! I didn't have couscous and honestly, couscous with this just didn't sound appetizing. Not that I don't like Couscous, just with this... uh meh. However, this was AMAZING. It's definitely in the rotation. It was simple and extremely quick to make. I made jasmine rice and put it in a rice cooker while getting the rest ready and BAM! The meal is a HIT! I still can't get over how good it is!




Photobucket

INGREDIENTS
7.6 oz. whole-wheat couscous (I used Jasmine rice)
1 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce (I was a bad girl and used Tamari Soy Sauce)
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
3 cloves garlic
1/2 lb. pork tenderloin, sliced into 1/2-inch to 2-inch strips
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 c. minced cilantro
1 lb. Hawaiian papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I think you can easily use pineapple, mango, or papaya and have a hit!)

DIRECTIONS
In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Stir in couscous, cover tightly and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, then uncover and fluff with a fork. Set aside.

In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium for 1 minutes. Add soy sauce, ginger, garlic and pork and cook for 3-4 minutes, occasionally flipping pork strips with a spatula until meat is cooked through. Remove skillet from heat and stir in lime juice and cilantro.

Place 1 cup couscous onto each of 4 plates. Top each with 2 oz. pork mixture, 1/2 cup papaya, and 1 Tbsp. skillet juices. Garnish with reserved papaya seeds if desired.


Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Calories: 224.6
Total Fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 44.8 mg
Sodium: 132.1 mg
Total Carbs: 20.7 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
Protein: 19.5 g

Thank you Clean Eating Magazine for another HIT recipe!

Jaime

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe is very good, are a perfect housewife

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some of that right now.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. fyi...I would say that the turkey black bean rice bowls were good clean eating as well

    ReplyDelete